Welcome to Parents As Teachers
An Early Learning Program for Parents and Young Children
Sponsored by Clinton School District
Parents As Teachers provides practical, effective help for families by sharing information of what to look for and expect as your child grows and develops.
A FREE Program for ALL Families
The Parents As Teachers Program supports all parents, including single parents, foster parents and expectant parents during the crucial first years.
Who is Eligible?
· Parents living in the Clinton School District
· Expectant parents
· Families with young children under school age
Why get involved?
· Learning begins at birth.
· Children learn more during the preschool years than any other time in life.
· Children acquire 75% of their adult language by age three.
· Recent brain research confirms that the early years have an enormous impact on a child’s later development and success in school.
· Personal Visits – Parent educators will provide timely educational information of what to expect as your child grows and develops.
· Group Connections – Parents will have the opportunity to share experiences, discuss common concerns, and gain insights into parenting through exploring topics of interest.
· Screenings – Parent educators will check your child’s overall development, language, hearing, vision and health. The goal is to provide early detection of potential concerns to prevent later difficulties. Screenings are available for children from three months to five years in age.
· Resource Network – Families are connected with a network of community resources to bridge the gap of available resources and families’ needs.
Early Childhood Screening
· Available for children in the Clinton School District who are three months to five years of age.
· It’s FREE
· Conducted by Parent Educators and Early Childhood Educators
· Cognitive, language, motor and speech will be screened
· Vision, hearing and dental checks will be provided
· On site conferences for parents will be held to explain screening results and answer questions
For additional information contact:
Beth McKinney – firstname.lastname@example.org
Kim Wheeler - email@example.comClinton Parents As Teachers
502 S. 6thth Street
Clinton, MO 64735
660-885-5845 ext. 2382